In this article, we will discuss why PS4 keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi? And what to do if your PS4 keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi? PS4 internet connection problems are quite frequent and determining what is causing the problem might be not easy at times.
After much research and testing, we discovered a series of troubleshooting steps that may assist you in resolving the issue. Furthermore, PS4 keeps disconnecting from the internet is a well-known problem among most consumers. So read the entire post till the end and carefully follow the steps.
1. Why does my PS4 Keep Disconnecting from Wi-Fi?
The PS4 is the reason to blame for this problem. The issue is caused by its software, which is easily solved. The issue might be router positioning and signal interference caused by other devices in some exceptional cases. Following are the issues that might be reasons for PS4 keeps losing internet connection 2021:
1.1. Slow Internet Connection
If you share an internet connection with many people, the internet speed is distributed, and your PS4 WIFI keeps disconnecting as a result.
1.2. Technical Issues
Other wireless devices, such as cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, microwave ovens, or any other devices that use a radio signal might interfere with the connection between the PS4 and the Wi-Fi point to which it is connected.
1.3. PS4 Software Update System
Users are complaining that upcoming PS4 software updates are interfering with their internet connectivity. After installing these updates, you may find that your PS4 Pro keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi. However, it is a relatively simple issue and the most typical cause of your PS4’s server disconnections.
1.4. Non-Compatible Modem
Many devices are included in the Wi-Fi Network to assist you in obtaining a faster internet connection. Modem, Router, PS4, and Cable Connection are all involved components. Your modem is not catching up with your internet service provider (ISP).
2. What to do if your PS4 keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi?
You are not the only one who has a problem with PS4 keeps disconnecting from the Wi-Fi. Many individuals are affected by the issue and are looking for the most effective solution. Now make a plan to solve the problem, and we will do it in steps.
2.1. Fix Wi-Fi Connection Issue
Frequency bands are one of the main reasons for this internet connection problem. In the following part, we will go over why frequency bands create Wi-Fi issues on PS4 and How to solve them; if that does not work, we will go over some more options; you may need to try a few different ones until one of them works.
a) Manually Select Frequency Band
The 2.4 GHz band and the 5 GHz band are the two frequency bands available. PS4 Pro supports both. Assume you have updated your PS4 and noticed that it is losing its WIFI connection at random intervals. It may be due to the automatic selection.
The PS4 Pro switches between the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands, your game may slow due to a WIFI drop. Before choosing a band manually, try both of them and evaluate which one seems better The 2.4 GHz band offers better coverage but slower speeds, whereas the 5 GHz band offers the opposite features.
- You can Go to Settings > Network > look for use Wi-Fi > Click Easy.
- Now go to the bottom of the screen and click “Options Menu.”
- Select either 5.0 GHz or 2.4 GHz from the Wi-Fi Frequency Bands menu.
b) Reset PS4
Resetting the PS4 can sometimes resolve the issue, and it just takes a few minutes. To reset your PS4, follow these steps:
- To begin, switch off your PS4.
- After that, disconnect the PS4’s power line and wait a few minutes before plugging it back in.
- Reconnect the power cable to the PS4.
- Wait for the second beep after holding the power button for 8-10 seconds.
- Connect your Dualshock 4 controller to your PlayStation 4 with a USB cable.
- Using the X button, choose between ‘Initialize PS4′ and ‘Restart PS4′. If you haven’t backed up your data, make sure you choose the second option.
c) Close and Open PS4 Again
Although it may appear to be very simple, correctly closing and reopening the game might occasionally resolve the connection problem. For example, if you’re having trouble with the Wi-Fi problem in PS4,
- Press the home button,
- Then click the options button on your controller to bring up a menu.
- Choose Close and Restart PS4.
d) Delete and Reinstall PS4
If you’re experiencing WIFI disconnection when playing PS4, the issue might be with your game. So, try completely deleting the game and reinstalling it.
- Open the menu and look for the game in which you’re having problems with your Wi-Fi connection.
- On your PS4 controller, go to the options menu.
- Choose the option to delete and confirm your decision.
- You can reinstall the game via the PlayStation Store.
e) Modify DNS Setting On PS4
Modify PS4’s DNS can resolve the Wi-Fi disconnection issue while also potentially improving internet speed. There are other high-performance DNS options, but Cloudflare’s or Google’s DNS is best. To modify your DNS, follow these steps:
- To begin, go to PS4 settings and select Setup internet connection.
- Choose WIFI, then Custom.
- Select Automatic IP Settings from the menu.
- Make sure you don’t give a hostname for DHCP.
- Select Manual in the DNS settings.
- Enter primary and secondary DNS.
- MTU Settings should be set to Automatic.
- Under proxy server, select Do not use.
- Test your internet connection by pressing the button.
f) Set Up Static IP Address
In comparison to dynamic IP addresses, static IP addresses are more reliable. Automatic IP settings often provide a dynamic IP address that changes every time you reboot your router or when your Internet Service Provider permits you to use a new IP address. The procedures to update your IP address on PS4 are as follows:
- View the connection status in Settings.
- The IP address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway should all be noted.
- For MTU settings, choose Automatic.
- For Proxy Server, choose Do Not Use.
- Now is the time to test your internet connection and use the Wi-Fi.
g) Reboot Wi-Fi Router
Your router may be the source of your connection problems. Try resetting your router and see if the connection improves.
- Unplug your router’s cord for a few seconds before plugging it back in.
- Please wait for it to switch on before connecting it to your PS4.
h) Rearrange Setup
Try rearranging your PS4 configuration; for example, if there are any unnecessary devices near your router, make sure they are removed. Furthermore, putting your router near your PS4 may assist in resolving the issue.
PS4 keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi problems are frequent, and determining the specific problem might be not easy at times. However, you can resolve the issue easily. This article attempted to address all of the possible causes of a PS4’s bad internet connection and suggested the most straightforward solutions. Hopefully, it will be beneficial.