Is not it annoying and upsetting when you are playing steam games with your buddies, and the PS4 controller keeps disconnecting from pc out of nowhere? It is a typical gaming problem that affects both USB and Bluetooth devices. Some people have claimed that it disconnects after a few seconds of connection, while others have noted that it happens at any moment.
We attach the PlayStation 4 Controller to our PCs to play our favorite games. Many customers have complained about their PS4 Controllers disconnecting from their Windows PCs regularly.
Although it is not a major issue, we must address it as soon as feasible. That is why we are here to provide the most effective methods for resolving this issue.
Is your PS4 controller constantly disconnecting from your pc? Then read this article and notify all of the possible options listed below.
Why My PS4 Controller Keeps Disconnecting?
Following several troubleshooting techniques, we concluded that the following are some of the most common reasons for the PS4 Controller disconnecting.
Bluetooth Drivers: The PS4 Controller keeps disconnecting if the Bluetooth drivers on the PC are old or incorrectly configured. As a result, we recommend that you either update the drivers as described below or remove and reinstall them.
Missing Software: PS4 controllers are not meant to be used on PCs, so they will need some programming to get them to function. As a result, we propose that you download and install the DS4 software, as described in the solution.
Connections List: Modern controllers keep track of the devices they have connected to, and it is possible that they are being mixed up and causing this problem. As a result, we propose refreshing the connections list and then checking to see if the problem has been solved.
PS4 Controller Configurations: After disconnecting from a PS4, some PS4 controller configurations may be set and stored on the controller, which may then be transferred to the computer. To get rid of these configurations and ensure that the PS4 controller keeps disconnecting issue is fixed. We recommend resetting the controller first and then the PS4 when the controller is connected.
Faulty Controller: A faulty controller can sometimes prevent a user from connecting to their Windows PC or PS4. If all else fails, it’s time to see if the controller is broken and disconnecting from the computer as a consequence.
Bluetooth Configurations: Some Bluetooth configurations on the pc may have been set incorrectly, resulting in this error. As a result, we recommend that you try troubleshooting them to see where the problem is coming from.
PS4 Controller Keeps Disconnecting From PC Bluetooth:
People who use a Bluetooth controller commonly have connectivity issues. First, we will go through the method that works in many situations; if it does not, stay reading since we have also indicated what to do if everything else fails. It will solve your issue if your PS4 controller won’t stay connected to the PC.
PS4 Keeps Disconnecting From Wi-Fi [FIXED]
Even if your controller connects to your PC successfully your system may fail to install Bluetooth drivers. Ensure your PC installs Bluetooth services before connecting your controller.
How to solve it?
- If you’re using Windows 10, go to the control panel and search for “Devices and Printers.”
- If your controller is connected to your PC, search it in “Device and Printers,” right-click it, and select “Remove Device.”
- If your controller isn’t already linked to your computer, go to Bluetooth settings and select “Add Bluetooth Device,”
- Then press the “PlayStation” and “Share” buttons on the controller at the same time to enable Bluetooth pairing mode.
- The controller will begin flashing light when you press both buttons for a few seconds, and your PC will identify your controller. (Do not press the Next button.)
- When your PC identifies your controller, right-click it and select “Properties.”
- A dialogue box will pop up; tick the box “Drivers for keyboard, mouse, and other devices,” then click “Apply” and “Ok.”
- Right-click on the Bluetooth icon in the system tray after installing the drivers.
- To finish the process, click “Allow a device to connect” and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Hopefully, once you’re connected, it won’t disconnect again while you’re gaming.
This is not a one-time fix; you may need to do it again each time you connect your controller.
PS4 Controller Connects then Disconnects PC Bluetooth:
If your PS4 controller turns off when connected to PC Bluetooth, there are three simple fixes.
Disconnect the controller from the system:
- Reconnect your PS4 controller after disconnecting it.
- Scroll up to the top bar on your PlayStation’s home screen.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Scroll down and choose “Devices.”
- Bluetooth Devices will be the first option. Select it by clicking on it.
- Select the active Dualshock 4 from the list of Dualshock 4 options.
- It will be disconnected.
- To reconnect, press the PlayStation button on your PS4.
The controller should be reset:
- On the right side of the PS4 controller, behind the L2 button, there is a little hole.
- To press on that hole, use a pin or a toothpick. For around 5-10 seconds, press it.
- Your PS4 controller will be reset as a result of this action.
- Then, on your PS4, hit the PlayStation button to reconnect.
Cleaning the PS4 is an option:
Because the PS4 controller is a tiny peripheral, it may easily become blocked by dust, a few strands of hair, and other small objects. A jammed PS4 is unsuitable for gaming, and it will inevitably disconnect if the situation inside worsens.
What Is Com.lge.launcher3? [Quick Guide]
Invert the controller’s position. Remove the screws and clean the controller according to a reliable technique. There are numerous videos or articles on YouTube that show you how to clean it step by step.
When Everything Fails:
If you’ve done everything above and still can’t connect, try the following steps to see if you can discover a solution. We attempted to include all potential solutions to this problem.
- Ensure that the controller is fully charged.
- Windows should be reinstalled.
- Attempt using a different controller. Plugin any Xbox One or Steam controller you have and try it.
- If you’re currently using a generic USB adapter, you should upgrade to the Sony wireless adapter.
- Whether you play on Steam, see if it happens when you play on other platforms or if it happens when you play a game installed on your PC.
- The controller lights red to indicate significant latency, switch it off by pressing and holding the PS button, then pair it again after 5–10 minutes.
- If you’re using DS4 Windows, go into the settings and uncheck the box that says “Hide DS4 controller,” then attach the controller before starting the game.
- If you’re currently utilizing a USB 2.0 slot, upgrade to a USB 3.0 slot.
These methods and processes will assist you in solving the problem if your PS4 controller keeps disconnecting from the PC. Even if it does not contribute to a long-term solution, it should endure a long time. Unless there is another cause, these treatments should be permanent.