For this test, I have a couple of smartphones Samsung, LG, iPhone, Sony. Now I’m going to tell you how to unlock a cell phone. You can use it with any carrier, any GSM network worldwide. It’s super simple and I’m gonna try to explain all the information. I’m gonna try to explain how it works. So, basically, to unlock your phone there are a few methods.
There are 2 way to unlock a Phone
1. Unlock via a local shop
First, you can take it to a local phone shop. You have to leave your phone there. I’m not sure but it’s not the most reliable way to unlock your phone based on personal experiences. You can also contact your carrier.
2. You can do it yourself
You only need a computer, you need a cell phone and you need a SIM card. That’s all you need to unlock your phone. And without further ado let’s start ok so to unlock your cell phone
Must know things on – how to unlock a phone
- It’s not free. So keep that in mind the amount you have to pay varies depending on your phones brand carrier model and country. So those three things four things are gonna determine how much your unlock costs.
- This unlock is not available to all countries, not all carriers are supported but 90% of the carriers will be compatible. So just keep that in mind. It’s not a hundred percent. The thing is that you will not be able to unlock your phone if your phone is blacklisted or reported as lost or stolen or if you have an unpaid bill with your carrier. So just keep that in mind.
- Now, this one lock works almost 100% of the times. It is a permanent unlock which means that you can update your phone, you can restore it, you can do whatever you want with your phone and its gonna always remain unlocked. No matter what also after you unlock your phone it will be compatible with any GSM carrier in any country. Simply put a SIM card inside and its gonna work without any problem. Don’t worry, your phone won’t suffer any damages. It won’t damage the phone in any way. you won’t be voided. It is 100% illegal and you do have to wait a couple of sometimes hours, sometimes days, sometimes you might even have to wait for weeks, but it works.
Now we will be unlocking a phone and talking on step by step guide on how to unlock a phone.
Step by step guide on how to unlock a phone.
Step 1 – Get the phones IMEI number
So the first step is to get the phones IMEI number. So grab the phone and go to a dial pad and *#06#. Now as you will see you will get your 15 digit number. That’s IMEI number and that’s a unique number for every phone. And based on this number were gonna unlock this phone. So keep that number somewhere close because it’s super important okay.
Step 2 – Go to the website and order unlocked code
Now go to the computer because the rest of the process takes place on the computer. Go to your browser and go to the website unlockriver.com. In this website, we will request the unlock code to unlock this phone. And so you just have to fill in the information about the phone you want to unlock. Don’t use fake information or any false information. Make sure your IMEI is a hundred percent correct. If there’s a mistake in this IMEI number, this method will not work perfectly.
Now if you scroll down, you’re gonna see the price and the delivery time. Now, these two things will always vary depending on your phones brand, carrier, model, and country. Sometimes it might be super cheap, sometimes it might be super expensive. And the delivery times sometimes it takes ten minutes, and in some cases for some iPhones, it may take up to 15 business days. That’s not including weekends. So keep that in mind. You have to be very patient but trust me, it works.
Now click where it says unlock. Now on the following page, it’s a summary of your order. Don’t take everything. Make sure all the information you are sending is 100% correct. If there’s a mistake, this method will not work and you’re gonna have a little bit of trouble. Make sure also that your phone is actually locked. It’s some people try to unlock phones that are already unlocked.
Once you have checked everything, just scroll down and you can proceed to place your order. You can use any kind of method. So after you place your order you’re gonna get an email with an unlock code. Now as I said before, this email might take between sometimes from one hour and sometimes 15 days. It depends. You can see the delivery time on this website or you can even ask them how long it would take to unlock your cell phone.
Go to my email, it includes instructions and how to enter this unlock code.
Now for an iPhone
If you’re trying to unlock an iPhone, you don’t need to insert unlock code. You just simply connect your phone to iTunes and it will be unlocked remotely.
For some LG phones, you have to insert your unlock code using a command and if you have a T-mobile cell phone with an unlock app. You have to unlock your cell phone through that app after you have received their email.
Step 3 – Unlock your phone
- Power off your device.
- Once the phone is completely off, insert a non-supported SIM card. A SIM card from a different carrier in this case.
- Now power on the phone. It’s gonna take a few seconds and it’s gonna prompt to enter the unlock code. That’s the code you got in the email.
- Hit that code and boom. Your phone is unlocked!
Keep in mind that this unlock code will only work for one specific phone and its calculated based on your IMEI number. You have ten attempts to enter the correct unlock code. So just try a couple of times if you get it incorrectly you can contact them and they will send you further instructions and how do we solve it the issue.
Send them this massage_
“I have failed in my unlock code.