Now if you’re having issues with your operating system IE, your registry has become unstable or corrupt. your windows installation has become corrupt. Maybe you had malware on the system or you’ve still got malware on the system or you ran somewhere malware viruses only think of that nature on the system or maybe it’s just running really slow. And you don’t know what to do and you don’t know how to fix it. Then resetting it back will fix and resolve a lot of these issues.
How we can reset our windows 10 operating system without any sort of CD?
Now you don’t need to have a windows CD to do this. You can do it was to it the desktop and you can quickly reset the system back.
Option 1 – How to reset Windows 10 Laptop
- So, at first, go to comment settings. There are quite a few ways of getting to this location where we’re going to go now.
- Go to update and security and also what we want to do here is come down to where it says recovery. Click on this.
- Now, once you’ve clicked on this you’ll see “reset this PC” and you can see it right there. Now, this is gonna allow you to go into the reset this PC options by clicking on get started. So click on this and this will open up this little blue box this is where you can now make some selections.
You can see here keep my files remove all apps settings that keep your personal files. Now if you’re going to be doing a fresh install you definitely want to do remove everything. And this will remove all your personal files apps and settings.
Please remember that you will need to back up your data before you do this. Because it will be what but in this circumstance were gonna just completely wipe the whole system by clicking on remove everything.
Once we get to this NICs window, it will say do you want to clean the drives and here if you’re getting rid of the computer and you’re selling it on to someone else or giving it to a family member, you may want to click on this option.
The second one saying remove files and clean the drive this will take quite a few hours and what it’s going to do is basically scrub the drive and make sure any data is not recoverable. So people can’t recover your data and your sensitive data.
- Once you do this is going to move you on to the next step. So this is a quicker but less secure and uses this option if you’re keeping the PC.
Now if you can’t access this area here what we’re going to do is take a look at another option and the way to get to this location.
Option 2 – How to reset Windows 10 Laptop
- Click on the start button and then click on the power icon but you need to hold the shift key down the left shift key down when you do this. So keep holding that down and don’t release and they were going to restart and what this is gonna do by holding the shift key down is going to give us this option here and this is basically the same thing.
- Go into troubleshooting and you’ll see that option to reset this PC. So go inside here and you get the same options.
- Select “remove everything” here. This is going to wipe everything from the system. So what this is gonna do is going to get some things ready and then prepare for the wipe of your system. Now this will take a bit of time.
So you’re just gonna have to be patient here. Now you’ve got a couple of other options here. It will say do you want to fully clean your drive when you remove your files. You can also clean the drive. So the files can’t be recovered easily. This is more secure but it takes much longer. So you can see here fully clean the drive. This is if you’re selling the computer and you’re moving it on to someone else and you want to remove any sort of sensitive data from that drive. Okay now obviously doing this to an SSD drive would not be recommended. Because it would do wear and tear on that drive. So if it is a mechanical drive then you can do this method.
Now just remove my files that use this method if you’re keeping the PC. So use this method here and though what’s gonna happen is it’s just gonna get stuff ready and prepare for the fresh install. So what want to do here. Now you can see all ready to go make sure your PC is plugged in and reset and well remove all the personal files and user accounts on this PC any apps and programs that didn’t come with the PC.
So you want to make sure that you’ve got data backed up before you continue. So reset here and it will go into its a reset in process.
- Now, this may take a bit of time depending on the size of your drive and that fast your computer is. So we’re just gonna let this run.
- This is where we can set up our installation to what we want to leave this as the USA and it will ask you to add a secondary keyboard layout.
- Skip this part and accept the license agreement and its checking to see if we’re connected to the internet. So it can see if we’ve got the latest updates.
You should always keep windows up to date that way it fixes all the bugs and also any security patches that need to be installed will be fully updated and keep you nice and secure. Now and it’s going to move on to the next stage.
- Go to set up a personal account for a personal use.
- And then go next to your Microsoft account. So you can do and you can do that here or you can create an account if you want to. If you want to keep it as an offline account. You can then click on the offline accounts.
- Go to click offline account and again were just gonna say maybe later.
- Set up name and password.
- I don’t want Cortana here so I’m gonna say no.
- Set up your privacy and boom.
- Ok hit accept and it will be ready for you.